A critical addition to the SLC is the recent establishment of the UDL Innovation Studio, in Partnership with CAST, and in alliance with BEAM Career Education. The Studio is a hub where researchers, faculty, clinicians, students, and technology developers can work together to develop new models and practices for educating all students, especially those who have been traditionally marginalized by existing methods and materials.
The UDL Innovation Studio’s primary goals are to:
· innovate new ideas and tools to support all learners
· create partnerships with Stanford students and faculty
· model the implementation of UDL for faculty at Stanford and other institutions of higher education
· develop and disseminate new knowledge about UDL in higher education
· successfully transition students into the workforce and society.
This Studio at Stanford is a first-in-the-nation, replicable model for UDL development for postsecondary institutions, aligned with the National Center on Universal Design for Learning (UDL) at CAST. Stanford students, faculty, and staff are the primary beneficiaries of the Studio’s work.
If you are interested in partnering with the Schwab Learning Center or if you would like the UDL Innovation Studio Director to contact you, please click here. To better serve you, we would like you to fill out a brief registration form. Thank you.
More information about Universal Design for Learning (UDL) can be found here:
- UDL and the Learning Brain (NEW!)
- CAST Launches a new home for the UDL Guidelines
- Igniting a Universal Design Mindset on Campus
- UDL on Campus
- UDL and Assessment in Higher Education
- When it Comes to Universal Design for Learning, Don't Wait to Be an Expert