The Schwab Learning Center supports undergraduate and graduate students, residents, post-docs and fellows with learning differences or suspected learning differences.
Eligibility for SLC services requires one or more of the following:
- An IEP or 504 plan from a current or previous school
- An evaluation that indicates the presence of a learning difference
- The likelihood of learner variability as determined by a learning specialist after the student completes the SLC Interview & Personal Learning Profile
Beginning December 2017, all SLC students will work with one of several Learning Specialists to develop a Personal Learning Profile & Toolkit (PLPT). The results of the PLP are designed to help individuals become self-aware about how they respond to school and work environments.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students must meet with their Learning Specialist at least 1 hour per quarter to remain eligible for services each quarter.
The SLC provides a variety of services:
- Alumni and Peer Mentoring, Community Building at Stanford and Beyond
- Consultation, Screening/Personal Learning Profile and Referral
- One-On-One Lifespan Strategies Sessions
- Speaker Series and Forums on UDL, Learning Differences, and Navigating School and Work
- Technology Evaluation and Training
- Tutor Connection Service
For detailed descriptions of the above services, please click here.